Social media marketing has been on the rise ever since popular social networking sites such as Twitter or Facebook came into the picture. The need to reach out to as many customers possible by spending the least amount of money is what every business owner wants and social media marketing is the easiest way to do that.
The best way to use social media websites effectively is by keeping a tab on user generated content. This automatically becomes earned media instead of the clichéd advertising copy that have been used so far in various forms of advertising that costed fortunes till date.
As a business owner, you would want to have the best marketing strategy and succeed in reaching out to as many customers possible within a very short period of time. Social media marketing is one way that will definitely have a positive effect and the response will be huge.
This is exactly the kind of response that newbie companies need that do not have a large amount of money to spend on traditional advertising. If you are still new and have little idea about how social media marketing would be best for your business, then here are few of the marketing techniques that you can keep in mind that will definitely bring positive response from customers:
1) Social networking websites – the first thing that comes to mind when you hear SMM is social networking. With a buzz around Facebook ,Twitter and Instagram and so many different social networking sites, you can only sit and be amazed at how marketing techniques have gone into different paths to achieve success.
Yes, it is possible to market products and services and even a company through these networking websites. They have become much more than connecting with friends and family. Most importantly, the success and conversion rate that social networking sites have for digital marketing is outstanding. This is why startups have taken over this form of marketing and they have got great results.
2) Making use of customer forums – there is a big community on the web where products and services are constantly discussed and people share both their good and bad experiences. These are known as discussion forums or customer forums and one of the most popular of these sites is Quora. This is a direct way to approach customers and you will get various response about the product or service that you offer.
Can you imagine traditional marketing technique to get a direct reply from customers and work on it to make their brand more saleable? Digital marketing is like a library of resources and all you have to do is make best use of the resource that is suitable for your business. If you find that customers are unhappy about a particular product of a certain company, you can approach them with yours so that they can become aware of your existence in the market.
3) Utilizing content marketing – a lot of customers trust bloggers on the web when they want to buy some product or service. In fact, it is a very easy and safe method of buying and you also get to buy the best at the most reasonable price. What makes content marketing so very important in the present scenario is you get a detailed description of the product and service and also understand from the customer’s point of view.
If you are a business owner, it is always important to understand what the customers want. So, when you are opting for content marketing you will have to constantly keep an eye on what customers are saying or what they are looking for and how you can better the quality. Another reason why content marketing is so valuable is because bloggers often specify alternative names of companies that offer better products and services.
So, it can be a way out to reach a huge number of customers very quickly because they would always want better products within the same price range.
4) Updating details on review websites – social media marketing is not just limited to promoting your business on the web. It is also about knowing the experiences of the customers. That is why review websites such as TripAdvisor, Zomato and many such sites have become so popular.
This is also a way to communicate with the customers directly or you at least know how they felt after using a certain product or service. One of the biggest benefits of this kind of marketing is that when there are positive reviews, the chances of thousands of other people seeing the review will work in your favor. You will automatically be in the limelight and that is how even small restaurants have earned so much popularity in very short periods of time.
In these websites you will not have to promote your brand or company. It will be a result of how you promoted your brand earlier and what feedback it has got from customers.
5) Video sharing websites – there are numerous websites where you can share videos such as SnapChat or Instagram or YouTube and they bring in millions of customer inquiries about the business you deal in. This is probably one of the most popular techniques of digital marketing that exists in the current date.
Videos have always created a positive impression on customers and when it is a graphical one or one with a specific message, it makes potential customers even more inquisitive. Moreover, video sharing websites also work on pay-per-click method. Not only will you get a huge customer base, you can also earn millions if the video becomes viral.
The more the video is seen or shared, the more you will earn. Additionally, you will also get comments and reviews from interested customers about the things they want to know about the products and services described in the video.
Marketing has come in various forms over the years. However, with the advent of digital marketing, things have become more affordable and the chances of understanding the customer has become easier. This form of marketing is more transparent because you get an idea of how to approach a bottleneck almost instantly. Once you overcome or resolve that issue, the marketing strategy will become more effective.